[Xastir-dev] Tactical Calls: Let's play

clayj at nwlink.com clayj at nwlink.com
Mon Jul 28 16:01:44 EDT 2008

Cool!  I'll give it a shot when I get a chance (got some pretty large
'honey-dos').   We're also going to be going over to E WA this weekend,
look for KD7ULH-9.  I need to get the RadioShack GPS in her car rewired so
that it's really getting 5V all the time, now that I'm using the DR135 to
power it - the 135 sometimes drops just low enough so that the 5V
regulator I put in (back when I was running it off 12V) drops out.

I might also run the cable from her Nuvi and try sending some messages -
as I read this, I would just send "KD7ULH Car" to TACTICAL and all of the
Xastir boxes out there would pick it up, right?

Can/would Xastir respond to that if it was iGated (rather than received
direct)?

And I guess the NEXT logical question would be "If I send a message FROM
Xastir to a station that's only been iGated to me, will Xastir (and APRS
in general) take that from the Internet and put it back out on the air?"

Clay
=======