[Xastir-dev] Xastir Requirements Capture

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 17 01:32:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Gerry Creager wrote:

> > I don't know if this is a good technique, but I've seen it work.  I
> > doubt this has _anything_ to do with UML and use cases though, hi
> > hi, but I haven't read the book yet either.
>
> I actually agree almost totally with Tom on his position.  OK, that's said.

I didn't say that I disagreed with Tom's position either.  I'm
reading/learning as fast as I can here and I haven't found any major
holes in his logic.

> If we take a lesson from Mapserver and QGIS, they each use a ticket system for
> feature requests.

> This is similar to the process you describe and would likely work for this
> application development cycle.

What you described is very much like what we were doing for Xastir-1
as well.  Perhaps it'll be useful for Xastir-NG, but maybe not until
well after the first few implementations are released and stable.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer