[Xastir-dev] Xastir Requirements Capture

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jun 17 10:36:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:41:34PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> >   - Map display and core data interchange/storage code properly encapsulated
> >     for maintainability, extensibility, flexibility.
>
> I'm not sure whether the above requirement covers this:
>
> Capability to attach a display (or 10) from a remote location and
> see the same data that I'd see if I started up a map display on the
> local machine.  Useful for EOC, SAR, or public service events, even
> useful to connect from work to home to see the current map.

It might not.  This may well be another requirement that mandates at
least some client/server capability.  Whether it's necessary to do the
entire system in a client/server framework to accomplish it or not may still
be up in the air.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson