[Xastir-dev] interface igate config?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:46:46 EST 2010

The igate configuration on the current interface configuration is
strictly limited to TNC devices, and consists of the 3 mutually
exclusive options:

disable
allow RF -> inet
allow  RF -> inet and inet -> RF

with the additional control of some wx gate config stuff.

My thoughts were to do the following:

allow RF -> inet
      text box for RF -> inet filter strings
allow inet -> RF
      text box for inet -> RF filter strings

where filter strings would be a list of callsign/object names, with
optional wildcards.  zer, one, or two of the "allow"s could be
checked.

would one want to allow only messages from inet -> RF for some reason?
I can't get that idea out of my head, but I don't know where it came
from.  (no, i don't always do what the voices in my head tell me.)

All of the gating control is on the TNC interface control dialog.
Should anything other than the "allow transmit" button on the "inet
server" control gating?

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv