[Xastir-dev] Weather Alert Test Cases Fail

Dan Srebnick k2dls at k2dls.net
Wed Aug 23 18:58:39 PDT 2017

I spent many hours developing code that was based upon the uncompressed
format, after reading through the Xastir comments.  Since documentation
was sparse and the comments seemed to be thorough, I relied upon them
as a good source of information.  Oh well.

I looked at the firenet feed and I'm not finding what I want for my
zone.  That's why I'm basing my program on the NWS Atom/CAP feed.  Some
other folks on the east coast are also running my code, which works
with aprx as a beacon exec.  They're probably not using Xastir as a
sanity check and for visualization as I am.

I'm not enough of a C programmer to try to fork and modify the code
with anyh confidence, or I would gladly take it on myself.  Perhaps
someone else is willing to take it on.  I'll be happy to assist with
testing/QA.

73