[Xastir-dev] Time for a new release?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:31:43 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> If we want to release again after we stabilize a little, I'd be OK with it,
> but I really doubt I'll be able to get the warning issue in hand anytime
> this
> month.  Unless, perhaps, someone would like to join in the fun and we could
> divide up the work.

I might be able to help a little here and there. I can remember doing the
same thing way back when a couple of times (I'm coming up on 20 years on
this one project!). At more than one point in the project I had it down to
zero errors/warnings. Then another GCC version came out each time.

One thing we could also perhaps do is change the compile flags to issue
fewer warnings, but of course wouldn't want to turn off ones that are real
and might have implications if we don't correct our code. Don't want to
hide real problems.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com