[Xastir] xastir server. et-al

vic alger ke4lkq at shentel.net
Thu Aug 15 12:53:50 EDT 2002

Well I better get my 2 cents in before it's decided to take Xastir in totally
new directions.
I would like to see support for what I submitted to the feature request
#576717 submitted on 7-2-02.

Also the map support is so good now that it's getting a little crazy to make
different maps work indepently instead of a whole bunch loading on top of
each other.  Correct me if I have overlooked a SIMPLE way to make it work.
We need more map windows and not more instances of xastir running to get
another map.

Messaging needs fuller support to the extent that a person can see all the
bullitins in a seperate window accumilated over time.  I really don't see any
practical use of GROUP messages.  Maybe I don't know how to use it.

I would also like to message log from tnc or internet.

I perfer the whole package staying together instead of having to get 12 or 20
modules working properly.  AX25 was bad enough.

Just my 2 cents.

Vic