[Xastir] Missing a piece

Chuck Byam cbyam at virginia.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:02:26 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 17:26, W8JSA wrote:
> pd wrote:
> > I am doing my first attempted build of xastir.   I think I have all the right
> > prerequisites but I am getting the following messages at link time:
> >
> > maps.o: In function `draw_geo_image_map':
> > /home/pd/Radio/CommSW/xastir/xastir/src/maps.c:5397: undefined reference to
> > `CompressColormap'
> > maps.o: In function `draw_tiger_map':
> > /home/pd/Radio/CommSW/xastir/xastir/src/maps.c:6003: undefined reference to
> > `CompressColormap'
> >
> > I can not find what component defines CompressColormap.  What piece am I
> > missing, or perhaps have installed in the wrong place?

> > .
> >

> Curt, PD, et al
> I posted this to our local Unix group this afternoon. I'll let you know
> what the GURU's have to say, if then don't respond direct.
>
> --
> 73 de Jeff
> Chesapeake VA
> 36.45'42.70"N 076.15'02.33"W
> UTM 388444E 18 4069242N WGS84
> FM16us

The ImageMagick-devel rpm (at least 5.4.7-5) is broke.  While it will
install the static libs it doesn't install the includes.  I also looked
at the src.rpm and the same applies there as well.  The quick fix would
be to download the source rpm and go to the BUILD dir and copy all of
ImagicMagick/magick/ to /usr/include/X11/magick/magick/ or get the
source and compile it yourself.

Chuck