[Xastir] Some advice on a dedicated Xastir box please?

James Jefferson jj at aprsworld.net
Wed Apr 2 15:20:10 EST 2003

> > Shall we go there?  386SX-20 with 2MB RAM and 100MB or so hard
> > drive running SLS Linux.  Slackware hadn't been invented yet.  ;-)
>
> How many days did it take to compile a kernel?

Let's see. Slackware on a 386-12 with 4 megabytes of ram took about 20 hours
to compile a very stripped down 2.0.0 kernel. This was for my amateur radio
<--> e-mail gateway about 6 years ago. We actually went to the trouble of
setting of a cross compiler on our ISP's SPARC 20 to compile most
applications. I don't remember if we ever cross compiled our kernel. Ahh the
joys. :-)

-Jim KB0THN