[Xastir] cvs update

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Apr 7 18:57:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> Is your latest revision (with "receive with AGWPE") V. 1.1.4?  If
> not, then my make/install failed or isn't being run when i type
> xastir &.

Yep.  You've got the latest stuff if you updated with CVS.  1.1.4
is for several of the 2-week development snapshots and for the
latest CVS.

> And it's not obvious to me how to tell xastir to use the agwpe.  In
> the interfaces dialog nothing appeared.

You have to to to the Interfaces->Properties menu and add an
interface of the last type which says AWGPE.

> I wonder if having ImageMagick-5.5.6 in there is causing the error;
> i seem to recall seeing a note saying don't use 5.5.6.  If so, should
> i get rid of ImageMagick-5.5.6 (all files?  something in the config
> or make files?).

Yep.  Don't use that one.  Use the one found on my ftp site instead,
which is 5.5.3:

    http://www.eskimo.com/~archer

Click on the FTP Site link on the left, then go into aprs/xastir and
you'll find it.  That'll get rid of the error you're having with
ImageMagick.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin