[Xastir] update for transmit with AGWPE [was: cvs update]

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Thu Apr 10 01:55:16 EDT 2003

WE7U wrote:
>If that doesn't work, you might try deleting the c:\cygwin directory
>and then trying a network install, using the same downloaded package
>directory you used before (don't delete the uninstalled Cygwin
>packages that are still on your system).

I ended up doing just about that.  Deleted the c:\cygwin directory
and re-installed from the previously-downloaded cygwin package, but
i was connected to the net while doing the setup, so maybe (don't
know) cygwin got updated as well.

You're probably right about trying to use KDE under Cygwin.  We
couldn't get it going anyway earlier today.  One of the many
problems we encountered was that KDE didn't like the fact that my
/home/<user> directory is called "Orrin Winton" (no quotes, with a
blank space between my first and last names).  Cygwin is OK with
it (apparently) but i wouldn't be surprised if many of my various
problems are related to this.  I can't imagine how to go about
changing that.  Add a Windows account that has no blank spaces in it,
and make it the Administrator?

Make, install, and Xastir download, make, install all went well and
i've verified that Xastir & AGWPE transmit packets.  Now all i have
to do is build a VOX circuit to key the PTT.  I just got a circuit
diagram & parts list from an infrared astronomer at Mt. Wilson.
(If anyone wants this i can scan it and make it into a jpg.)
Meet all kinds of interesting people in this obsession (i refuse
to call it a 'hobby':  i did this stuff today instead of doing
math homework).

Orrin wn1z