[Xastir] update for transmit with AGWPE [was: cvs update]

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Apr 10 13:18:17 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> I ended up doing just about that.  Deleted the c:\cygwin directory
> and re-installed from the previously-downloaded cygwin package, but
> i was connected to the net while doing the setup, so maybe (don't
> know) cygwin got updated as well.

Yea, it probably did.  Every time I run the network install it seems
to update one or two packages.

> One of the many
> problems we encountered was that KDE didn't like the fact that my
> /home/<user> directory is called "Orrin Winton" (no quotes, with a
> blank space between my first and last names).  Cygwin is OK with
> it (apparently) but i wouldn't be surprised if many of my various
> problems are related to this.  I can't imagine how to go about
> changing that.  Add a Windows account that has no blank spaces in it,
> and make it the Administrator?

You shouldn't need to be admin to run any of this.  I run it on
boxes without admin priviledges and it runs just fine.  I haven't
tried having a username with a space in it, but I don't think that's
normally allowed in Unix, so that's likely to cause problems.

Glad you have it transmitting.  Just a bit of clean-up to do yet and
the AGWPE stuff will be more useful for people.  I want to be able
to specify the PATH in the Properties dialog for that interface and
to get the AGWPE login/password frame working properly.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin