[Xastir] Language-Files Installer

Steve Peters scpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 14 15:01:44 EDT 2003

Juergen and the list,

I, for one, would appreciate an OSX installer.

I've been a lurker on this list for about a year, and got an earlier
build working last summer with some tweaks and help from others on this
list (thanks!).  Since then I have re-installed my OS and moved to a
new desktop computer at work.

Xastir is the only package that I would have to compile, and I have not
gotten past the activation energy needed to install the developer tools
package, XFree86, Fink, and all the relevant libraries,  etc.

I have no idea how much work this would be, or if there is a Mac
aficionado out there willing to take the time.  I understand that the
installer would not be caught up with the current dev-releases, but I
would be willing to live with a longer upgrade cycle (6 months?) if it
was easier to manage in the long run.

-Steve