[Xastir] Spanish updates/proofreading

Jose R. Marte A. jose.r at codetel.net.do
Tue Apr 15 00:52:56 EDT 2003

El lun, 14-04-2003 a las 20:03, Orrin Winton escribió:
> Curt, i may have to back off from "proofreading the
> Spanish config and help files."  (Also, i'm not qualified to
> translate a whole help file, just to proofread what someone else
> has already translated.)  I'm running into too many obstacles.
>
> Maybe some future time when i'm downloading with a real Linux
> machine, and i have more time to learn to use emacs to create the
> accented Spanish characters: a e i o u n etc.  Also, "cvs update"
> will just not work at all, i've beat that to death, and
> "ftp cvs.sourceforge.net" results in a time-out.
>
> The translation done by hi8gn is just fine, but at least 10% of
> the accent marks on vowels are missing; what I'm noticing is what
> any proofreader/secretary would notice.  Engineers and managers
> often aren't perfect spellers.  I hope this will be taken as
> constructive criticism.
>
> Orrin wn1z

---
Well Orrin,
if you want to take the maintenance for the Spanish language, for me any
problem.

And if the language-Spanish.sys file doesn't have accent it is for some
reason
on the display of the WX info data some characters make something
strange.

I have removed the accents on the last update of this file
for this reason.

and my native language it is the spanish I don't speak english well and
maybe my spanish is not good too he he he, sorry.

73's Jose (hi8gn)