[Xastir] California shapefiles don't show islands?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Apr 24 17:22:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:
> I'm currently running xastir to show it off to coworkers and I
> noticed that Pleasure Island (an island between San Francisco and
> Oakland) has roads but no 'land'.  I also didn't see the Catalina
> Islands, either.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is
> the case?

Nope.  When they did the road layer they had nice weather, but when
they did the land layer there was a storm and the islands were
underwater?

I know, I'm no help at all.

Could it that you don't have fill enabled for that layer, or that
the layering is such that you have another map layer on top of the
land layer, obscuring it?  Try enabling _just_ the land layer to see
if it shows up at all.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin