[Xastir] California shapefiles don't show islands?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Apr 24 17:33:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> No, I see land for SF and for Oakland (and the rest of the state),
> just not for the island.

> Another shapefile question -- when I zoom way out, the roads
> disappear which is find, but the waterways stay and the ground
> looks all blue instead of its normal color.  How can I select the
> zoom level at which a particular layer shouldn't be displayed?

You can't.  Setting the min/max zoom level at which maps come and go
is on the todo list.  Nobody's gotten to that one yet.

The fact that the roads disappear at various zoom levels is
hard-coded into the shapefile code so that the roads won't overpower
the display when you zoom out too much.  I suppose we could add that
to draw_shapefile_map() for waterways as well, keyed off of the
width of the waterway.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin