[Xastir] Somewhat OT: Updating Linux

Rich Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 09:05:52 EDT 2003

OK guys.. somewhat off topic but this is the best forum I know to get a
solid fast reply. Since Xastir is the only thing I plan on working with on
Linux I guess it is on topic. I am almost ready to install RH9, I currently
have RH8 in there and got 1 more .iso to download for RH9. I use GRUB with
Win2K on my first disk and RH8 on a second disk. I would like to fully
delete RH8 from the second disk and install RH9 as a clean install.

How can I dump RH8 AND GRUB so that my PC is back to a normal Win2K box only
? I have never been able to remove GRUB in the past. Once I get to that
point then I will re-install RH9. I had difficulties installing RH8 because
it would not see my ATI All in Wonder PCI card, I ended up installing a old
Voodoo 3 TV/FM card in there and finally got it to work. I want to be sure
that I have a 100% clean install this time, there may be a mess in my old
install because of the errors when I first installed.

Thanks,
Rich K4GPS