[Xastir] Somewhat OT: Updating Linux

Jim meyer at myfamily.org
Sat Apr 26 09:35:18 EDT 2003

I don't believe you will accomplish anything by going back to Windows first.
When you do the RH9 install, and don't choose upgrade, all of the partitions
that you choose will be reformatted to make room for the new RH9 partitions.
You won't choose the drive that has your windows OS on it and you will
choose the drive with all of the RH8 partitions on it. When it asks about
other OSs to boot you will point the install to your windows drive. This
should rebuild grub and all of the Linux partitions.
Good luck.