[Xastir] map not populating incoming data

Yasholomew Yashinski yashy at mail.yashy.com
Wed Apr 30 00:36:01 EDT 2003

 I'm currently trying to get xastir working using only "Internet Server"
yet the map is not getting populated. I can see the massive amounts of
traffic coming in though Incoming Packet Data. This is only for receive,
and not even using a radio, just out of the box using apt-get on Debian.
 From xastir -v 3 1>xastir.log:
Channel data on Port 1
[KC8GKF>APW246,QCY,RELAY,N8WKM-11*,qAR,NK8X-3::AB8LE    :
hello, do you copy me over there? pls qsl tks{042]
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: APW246,QCY,RELAY,N8WKM-11*,qAR,NK8X-3
decode_ax25_line: exiting
Channel data on Port 1
[N6MZX-1>GPSLK,WIDE2-1,qAS,N1VG:$GPGGA,043331,3540.442,N,
12038.429,W,1,07,1.4,252.5,M,-30.5,M,,*78  ]
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: GPSLK,WIDE2-1,qAS,N1VG
decode_ax25_line: exiting

 Eventually I'd like to use it through my rascal device
(www.packetradio.com) if anyone has figured out the tnc-startup.sys
settings for that. Currently when I bring up ax0 with kissattach the PTT
is locked on for some reason I still have to debug. As far as receive is
concerned this should also be trivial, just 3.5mm headset out on radio to
line-in on PC soundcard. Is anyone else doing this?

 A couple apt-get (Debian) specific issues:
README.1ST.gz: Should it also show how to sort RAC db? (same way as ARRL)
                Doesn't show where to put ARRL/RAC db.
README.gz:     Section 3 says read 'INSTALL' yet INSTALL is no where to be
                 found.

 I should also mention today is the first day I've been able to access
xastir.org in a week, it was giving me errors about not being HTML 1.1
compliant yet I'm using the latest stable Mozilla with Debian.

 73s,

--
Yashy
why eh es age why at why eh es age why dot com