[Xastir] map not populating incoming data

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Apr 30 11:15:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Yasholomew Yashinski wrote:

>  I'm currently trying to get xastir working using only "Internet Server"
> yet the map is not getting populated. I can see the massive amounts of
> traffic coming in though Incoming Packet Data. This is only for receive,
> and not even using a radio, just out of the box using apt-get on Debian.

See the message I just posted to the list and check out some of the
possible problem areas.  Please let us know whether or not one of
those fixes it.

What TNC are you using?  What tnc startup file are you using?

>  A couple apt-get (Debian) specific issues:
> README.1ST.gz: Should it also show how to sort RAC db? (same way as ARRL)
>                 Doesn't show where to put ARRL/RAC db.
> README.gz:     Section 3 says read 'INSTALL' yet INSTALL is no where to be
>                  found.

These are things for the Debian maintainer to fix up.

>  I should also mention today is the first day I've been able to access
> xastir.org in a week, it was giving me errors about not being HTML 1.1
> compliant yet I'm using the latest stable Mozilla with Debian.

As far as I know, that page hasn't been changed recently (for at
least two weeks or so).

You can always get in at "xastir.sourceforge.net" or
"sourceforge.net/projects/xastir" instead if the xastir.org page
isn't working for you.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin