[Xastir] time line of events up to getting xastir to use imagemagick and ax25 with no complaints

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Apr 30 13:03:36 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, vic wrote:

> This is probably more than you want or needed to know, but I find it
> interesting that installing imagemagick before downloading a totally fresh
> source tree for xastir, did the trick... not just a cvs update but totally
> new...

That level of detail may help Jack/Chuck/myself figure out where the
problem lies.  Thanks.

> I do not know the overall stratigy in
> development so work arounds like this may be okay for awhile..

The overall strategy is to keep moving on.  Jack is working on
integrating GDAL support into Xastir.  Once that is done, some of
our other optional libraries will disappear, and the whole process
may be greatly simplified.  I'm not sure yet whether that will allow
us to get rid of ImageMagick as well, but Jack may have something to
say on this.

If I remember correctly what Jack has said, it'll get rid of our
dependencies on Shapelib, libproj, and libgeotiff for starters.
Simpler is definitely better.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin