[Xastir] Station Count

Aaron ZL3UAR zl3uar at amayzing.co.nz
Sun Aug 17 06:28:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I stumbled upon Xastir a few months ago, and think its great. I have been
running 1.1 for a while and thought I would take the plunge and get 1.2.

I noticed when I opened my log file and let it run thru that the station count
(about 80 old unqiue stations under the old version) suddenly jumped to ~3550

I then followed the (well writen and easy to follow) readme.cvs to update to
see if it was any different.

Specifically, looking thru the file, it seems to be confused by a base station
(zl3xx) then a while later a mobile under the same call but with a suffix
(zl3xx-1) then later the base station again. This shows in the View - All
Stations list.  A related problem (I think) is that the station list doesn't
scroll properly. I would guess that the scroll bar knows the 'proper' number
of stations and won't let me see the rest of the list.

The reason I updated was that the All Station list only showed (and still
does) partial information. When I scroll the list, different cells are left
blank.  Is this a Motif issue? should I use an alternative? Any advice?

Regardless of these niggles, I am really impressed by the program,
particularly the ability to do vector mapping (altho NZ vector maps are hard
to come by, they look neat zooming in and out).

My favorate little bit is the rotating symbols. Dad occassionally takes his
tracker for a walk, and we exchange a few light hearted comments when I see
the jogger icon lying on its side in the middle of the road.

For those users running Redhat 9, as I am, I have got everything except
geotiff installed. I haven't got around to the geotiff, and fesival is not
used but there when I get around to it. I use a mix of shape files and jpg
images. I still have lots to learn about linux and aren't really qualified to
offer assistance, but I did compile and install ok. If anyone wants details
of library versions etc, contact me.

To Curt and the other developers, well done, (and keep going) Great program
guys.

Cheers,
Aaron ZL3UAR. New Zealand