[Xastir] Station Count

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 17 12:33:51 EDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Aaron ZL3UAR wrote:

> I noticed when I opened my log file and let it run thru that the station count
> (about 80 old unqiue stations under the old version) suddenly jumped to ~3550
>
> I then followed the (well writen and easy to follow) readme.cvs to update to
> see if it was any different.

I noticed a problem similar to this and fixed it yesterday.  The fix
should be available on the anon CVS server either today or tomorrow.

> Specifically, looking thru the file, it seems to be confused by a base station
> (zl3xx) then a while later a mobile under the same call but with a suffix
> (zl3xx-1) then later the base station again. This shows in the View - All
> Stations list.

Yes.  It was finding the first similar station and stopping there.
It was related to the new hash-table code I put in recently.  It sped
things up considerably, but was doing a incorrect match when
inserting stations into the database.  The end result was that they
were getting duplicated.

> A related problem (I think) is that the station list doesn't
> scroll properly. I would guess that the scroll bar knows the 'proper' number
> of stations and won't let me see the rest of the list.
>
> The reason I updated was that the All Station list only showed (and still
> does) partial information. When I scroll the list, different cells are left
> blank.  Is this a Motif issue? should I use an alternative? Any advice?

Try the new stuff, and let us know if it still does this with the
latest fix in place.  The latest stuff should have db.c at revision
1.275.  Check the top of the file for that info.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer