[Xastir] required libs for configure

Byron Smith wa6ylb at theworks.com
Fri Aug 29 00:54:08 EDT 2003

 From xastir.org site...

Note from Chuck: Xastir should be able to compile (and run) on any "recent"
Linux (x86) machine as long as the needed libs are available.

---------

OK I give. I've looked until I'm blue in the face for a list of
"""required""" libraries for this dude. I've seen the
optional libs mentioned (imagemagick, GPSman etc), but absolutely no where
is the "required" list shown.

I've done the ./configure and it comes up and tells me to install
X..  Sheeze, I was running a terminal window in X while  doing the
./configure  when it told me this. Go figure.

SO obviously I must need to be clairvoyant to know what/which libs are
missing. right?

This kind of stuff needs to be listed without fail in ALL the xastir docs.
Any help? I couldnt find any kind of FAQ on
Xastir.org either. This is super frustrating for a Linux newbie.

Byron Smith
wa6ylb at theworks.com

http://www.theworks.com/~wa6ylb

What was the best thing before sliced bread?