[Xastir] Re: [Xastir} Too many crashes

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Dec 15 10:36:42 EST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Jack Reilly wrote:

> After changing my  my video card two days ago I thought I was rid of those X
> Errors. But this afternoon I got one again:
>
> "Making user /home/jacrei/.xastir/tracklogs/KG6MRC-10.trk file
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  56 (X_ChangeGC)
>   Value in failed request:  0x4
>   Serial number of failed request:  13307969
>   Current serial number in output stream:  13307977"
>
> That one happened while I was looking thru the list - All Stations.

Are you sure that the "X Error" stuff happened at that exact point,
or might it have happened some minutes/hours/days before?

We get a few X Errors at times.  They need to be tracked down and
fixed if possible, but they typically don't cause segfaults and can
be ignored.

Were you saving a track at the time, or was that a much earlier
message?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin