[Xastir] AX.25 and Tiny Trak's

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 18 02:55:44 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> > I've run TT1's and TT2's with no trouble with Xastir.  Not very
> > recently though.
>
> Using ax25?

Yes.  Most recently I've been using serial KISS ports, but before
that I was running kernel AX.25 and a KISS TNC and it was working
fine.

> Do you know if ax25 tnc's is more <technically critical> than tnc's which are
> in native mode?  Such as twist and timing parameters...  Of course I am using
> the same tnc for receiving both mic-e stuff and TT2 stuff. (as well as all
> other units floating in the area which work just fine)

Should be the same.  I suspect that it's the "calibrate" on your TT2
that needs to be tweaked.  I used to bring up a freeware Windows app
that was an audio spectrum analyzer, and adjusted the calibrate to
walk the tones into the correct range to be decoded.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer