[Xastir] Couldn't allocate color problem

Tim tcwik at stnhbr.com
Tue Feb 11 13:24:08 EST 2003

I have just started using Xastir and it is great.

I have what I hopr is a small problem. At startup, I get multiple
"Warning: Couldn't allocate color xxxxxxxx" messages, where xxxxxxx is the
name of a color (e.g. DarkGreen, brown, plum, etc). There are about 76
messages.

Tiger maps display normally. WHat I think is normal, anyway. Blue for
water,
green for boundaries, etc. NWS radar overlays display in color.
The operational problem is that menu boxes do not display text.
For example, Interfaces -> Properties gives an "Installed interfaces" box
with no visible entries. However, clicking at the top of the white area
selects the first line by surrounding it with dashes. clicking Properties
now gives the "Configure TNC" window. (I installed the TNC interface by
educated guessing in the "Choose Interface Type" window)

Help -> Help Index is blank in the same way. There are no entries visible
in the
window, but selecting in the window and choosing "view" gives a new blank
window
"Help - Configure Default Operation" for example.

I am assuming these effects are do to a problem with color selection for
the
boxes. It appears if the text color and the background color for the text
boxes
are both set (defaulted??) to white.

Other X11 application (Opera, Mozilla, etc) operate normally with respect
color.

This is Xastir V1.1.0
Motif 2.2.2
ImageMagick 5.4.3