[Xastir] Net Data from K3JZ

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 17 16:53:39 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> Wonder if anyone else is seeing this.  I am connected up to the net
> continuously and am using the aprs 14580 filter and it works perfectly. I
> have been seeing stuff which is outside the filter parameters and it appears
> to be coming in directly over the net.  I have had the net interface disabled
> and there are still many stations showing up coming from the net.  The
> 'select tnc' is also turned off.
>
> All of the stations which are showing up are coming through TCPIP,K3JZ*.
> This station is in the Seattle area called NETACTIVE.  The majority of the
> stations which are showing up are in the Eastern USA.
>
> Any ideas? (Thought I better ask the xastir crew before the user).

Another possibility is that some of the remote stations are being
gated to local RF without messaging.  That is sometimes done to keep
track of people who are traveling, and sometimes done so that local
people can keep track of friends who live elsewhere.  In general this
isn't done a lot.  Any given igate operator can choose to gate
specific calls through to RF though.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer