[Xastir] Net Data from K3JZ

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Feb 18 11:14:42 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Tom Robson wrote:

> My bad interpretation again.  It is coming through RF from K3JZ.  (I should
> have remembered about NOID). I guess he is broadcasting a bunch of stations
> from the East for some reason or other.  I should have noticed that it was
> coming in through the TNC, but overlooked it.
> What through me was the filtering. I disabled the TNC, Direct & Digi and
> still saw the stations.  It wasn't until I disabled the NET, that the
> stations disappeared from the screen.  I guess I thought that if I disabled
> the TNC, all TNC data would disappear even though it originated on TCPIP.
> Should never guess at anything.... hi

It's certainly possible that you've discovered another small bug.

The intent for the "Select Direct" button is that third-party
packets not be included.  I think we do that properly.

The intent for the "Select TNC" button is that anything received via
TNC should be disabled when this button is disabled.  Whether or not
we currently do that is up for debate.

Perhaps third-party stuff (stuff sent out to RF via an igate in
third-party packet format) isn't handled correctly?

Perhaps remote posits that are sent out via an igate aren't handled
correctly?

If you can log some of these packets and then send the pertinent
parts along with a description of what you think is incorrect in
their handling, please do so!  Thanks.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin