[Xastir] Net Data from K3JZ

Tom Robson ve7did at dccnet.com
Wed Feb 19 01:03:23 EST 2003

> The intent for the "Select Direct" button is that third-party
> packets not be included.  I think we do that properly.

Works well

> The intent for the "Select TNC" button is that anything received via
> TNC should be disabled when this button is disabled.  Whether or not
> we currently do that is up for debate.

I don't think this is done right.  If i gate stuff is sent out to RF, then
received by the tnc, disabling the TNC does NOT disable the posit of the
station.  I guess generally looking at where the station is you can almost
figure it is coming from the net.  Although we here in British Columbia get
some stuff digi'ed via RF from Oregon which is about 500km away. Pretty good
rf network!

I guess I would think, disabling the TNC, should disable the TNC data which
does contain NET stuff at times.

> Perhaps third-party stuff (stuff sent out to RF via an igate in
> third-party packet format) isn't handled correctly?

Kinda looks like another filter is needed. Net via TNC

> Perhaps remote posits that are sent out via an igate aren't handled
> correctly?

> If you can log some of these packets and then send the pertinent
> parts along with a description of what you think is incorrect in
> their handling, please do so!  Thanks.

Here are some posits received via TNC from an igates. Perhaps another answer
for people who have access to the net is to use the aprsfilter to keep things
local on their own computers rather than blasting it all over the country.
Would certainly help the RF congestion as well.   Time to get off the soap
box...

I have the net turned off.

VE7VFM-11>APW251,WIDE2-2:}KC7QAG>APW251,TCPIP,VE7VFM-11*:=4404.78N/12310.70W-PHG0000/WinAPRS
2.5.1 -ORLANEUGENE  -251-<530>

K3JZ>APU256,VE7IPB-10,WIDE2*:}N1NOM>APRX41,TCPIP,K3JZ*:>131431z MMRA fox
hunter

VE7VFM-12>APD214,VE7IPB-10*,WIDE3-1:}VE5DGD>APS221,TCPIP*,VE7VFM-12*:=5027.44N/10437.64W-
1349 Garnet Street, Regina, SK Canada S4T 2Y4 - DO70QK

K3JZ>APU256,VE7IPB-10*,WIDE2-1:}WB2QJA>APR851,TCPIP,K3JZ*:=4101.19N/07346.52W-.../.../Rich
White Plains NY

VE7VFM-11>APW251,WIDE2-2:}VE4DS-9>TY3RTU,TCPIP,VE7VFM-11*:')N!Hgu/]"@-}Peoria,Il
2 Vancouver,Bc,Can

...73 Tom