[Xastir] UGH!!! Shapefiles?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jan 9 15:43:44 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Steve Dimse wrote:

> I looked at the configure source, and it is the ImageMagick library that is
> hardcoded, so probably not the cause of this problem. Any reason why the IM
> library and include searches are hard-coded, rather than using the variables
> which the configure script can modify and which can be altered by command line
> options?

ImageMagick is a special case, in call kinds of ways.  Perhaps we
can eventually do it the "right" way.  Here's what happens now:

ImageMagick can be configured to use a lot of different libraries
itself.  Xastir doesn't know which libraries that ImageMagick was
compiled to use, but ImageMagick does.  ImageMagick provides a
script called "Magick-config" that supposedly figures out the right
things to add in for the include line and the link line.

Of course, it's not always right either.  I think "freetype" has
been one of the more recent problems with it.

Earlier attempts to get rid of Magick-config and do it ourselves
didn't work out very well.  It should probably be attempted again
though.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin