[Xastir] nws-stations.txt

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 29 02:14:37 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> Using lastnights CVS, running xastir here for I-gate duty.
>
> OK - stuff from the NWS offices is gating to RF just fine (RIW, CYS).
>
> File is: ~/.xastir/config/nws-stations.txt
> Partial listing as an example:
>
> IGUP
> RIWWSW
> RIWTOR
> RIWNPW
> CYSWSW
> CYSTOR
> CYSNPW
> CQ
> WY
> KIDS
> KC7ZRU-6
> KC7ZRU-3
> K7YE-3
> etc
>
> However, I'm *not* seeing the IGUP beacon being gated to RF.

I doubt you're seeing these:

IGUP
CQ
WY
KIDS
KC7ZRU-6
KC7ZRU-3
K7YE-3

> Is there a 'valid' call sign check or 'minimum character count' that may
> be 'blocking' things going to RF? Should it not be the 'first' listing
> in the file?

Haven't we been here before?  There's a routine in igate.c that
handles gating of NWS stations.  If it's not NWS traffic, it doesn't
get gated to RF.  Exception:  APRS Messaging.

I think that routine would have to be changed a bit in order to allow
non-NWS traffic to be gated through.  It shouldn't be a big deal, but
I don't think anyone's looked at that yet.

If you'll submit a feature request for that and provide an example
packet, I'll try to look at it sometime soon.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer