SV: [Xastir] interface error

Roger Bille roger.bille at telia.com
Thu Jan 30 15:28:53 EST 2003

 Pat,

> I didnt want
> stations fom outside the US so I set: filter K/W/A/N and it worked in a
> few minutes.

 That filter command would not work, you need to start with the p (prefix)
filter command to get it working.

	filter p/k/w/a/n	(capital is also OK)

 Full filter details are located here:
 http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSSrvr/javaprsfilter.htm

> I am happily igating to ahubeast.

 The sysop of this server renamed it some time agao to aprseast.net

>  But, the stats page there shows 0 bytes received from me, although I can
> see the data going to them. And I can see the data I sent at findu.com.

 This is little more strange. Could it be that you have mixed the Bytes
Recieved and Bytes Sent ? I look at the stat page when I write this and see
that the server has received 887856 bytes which are the one you have sent
but the server has sent 0 (zero) bytes to you, this could be due to the
wrong filter command above. When a wrong definition is sent to the filter it
keep the old one and the default for a new connection is none, i.e. no
traffic.

 73 de sm5nrk/Roger