[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Mon Jul 7 13:34:22 EDT 2003

I noticed something that might or might not be related.

I've been running CVS all along so it has happened on a number of
versions. Under Apple OS X 10.2.6 and Apple X11B3 - XFree86 4.2.1. The
machine is a G3 Powerbook 400/512m. If I put the machine is sleep (ie
force it by closing the lid) the machine wakes up xastir it will
sometimes not display stations anymore. Clearing all stations, messages
etc will not fix it. It must be restarted. I am only connected to and
aprsd machine.

It's not high on my list of thing that I care about though. Basically I
come home from work and fire up the laptop until I either fall asleep
or close the lid. I have been doing this without rebooting for many
weeks at a time. (Apple updates often complain that they need to reboot
when it really never touched the Kernal, just the GUI or one of the
services. If an update breaks the GUI I usually try some crazy heroics
and try to restart everything from the CLI.

Dennis, N2LBT