[Xastir] Xastir falling asleep?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Jul 7 14:03:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Dennis Hudson wrote:

> I noticed something that might or might not be related.
>
> I've been running CVS all along so it has happened on a number of
> versions. Under Apple OS X 10.2.6 and Apple X11B3 - XFree86 4.2.1. The
> machine is a G3 Powerbook 400/512m. If I put the machine is sleep (ie
> force it by closing the lid) the machine wakes up xastir it will
> sometimes not display stations anymore. Clearing all stations, messages
> etc will not fix it. It must be restarted. I am only connected to and
> aprsd machine.

I have a different problem on a Linux laptop when I put it into
sleep mode.  Sometimes when it comes back up, Xastir doesn't want to
accept mouse input.  Usually in that case the pointer for all of
Linux is effectively dead and I have to reboot.  I'm assuming this
is a Linux-on-this-particular-laptop problem.

I'm not sure whether I've noticed that Xastir sometimes appears to
work normally but doesn't receive/parse data from the interfaces.
I'll have to watch for that.  Seems like I have at least once
though.

When you have the problem you describe next, try closing all
interfaces and restarting them.  That might fix it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin