[Xastir] Xastir on a laptop

Mike Fenske mike_fenske at telus.net
Sun Jul 13 16:53:33 EDT 2003

Hello Tom and All. I run Xastir on a Pentium-100 laptop with 24mb ram and a
500Mb hard drive. It runs OK with linux (SuSE 7.3). I'm not sure how
Xastir/cygwin/windows would run. I use soundmodem for a TNC. I use only
vector maps (mostly DOS-APRS maps), because anything else way too slow.
Processor load is fairly low, IIRC maybe only 10%, except when loading maps.

Hope this helps,
Mike Fenske
VE7MKF