[Xastir] xastir doesn't see anything over port 8000 ...

KC7ZRU - Tate kc7zru at arrl.net
Mon Jul 14 00:10:30 EDT 2003

Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> If you're looking for a linux tool that does, I suspect, what IP Tools
> (Win) does, check out 'nmap'.  The rpm is on, I believe, disk 3 of the
> install disks, or is available, plus a snome gui, from the various mirrors.

Another good way to install nmap is to run (as root):
up2date nmap nmap-frontend

Assuming you've - at the least - enabled your free demo account on RHN,
this will download and install nmap and the graphical front end. Better
yet, it automagicly takes care of downloading and installing any
dependancies needed as well.

73

--
         "The Dungeon" online at http://go.to/kc7zru