[Xastir] One step closer with my RH 9 install, BUT

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Sat Jun 28 15:49:54 EDT 2003

Well, the following are the package versions I tarballed/compiled on the
system:

LessTif-0.93.41
Shapelib-1.2.10
ImageMagick-5.5.7

There are 2 of us here who have been having problems getting it up and
running under RH 9.   Though we both did an initial try of Xastir using
Cygwin and had no problems on the Windoze boxes.  Though in my case as
this is a totally fresh install on a clean hard drive for the express
purpose of  setting up xastir I may just wipe the drive and do a clean
installl of RH in server mode and then start from scratch using nothing
but csv's like we did on Cygwin.  It is good possibility that while I
was trying to figure out a dependencey problem earlier that  I could
definitely have messed something up.

Oh well, the more things I mess up and find out what I did so I don't do
it again, the more learn.

    Gale