[Xastir] Map Files

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Mon Jun 30 11:51:34 EDT 2003

I've finally gotten around to downloading and installing xastir 1.2.0,
and I'm pretty impressed!
Terraserver, toposerver, Tigermaps, I just cannot decide.
However, I have two problems. One is RADAR maps. I download the geo
files, insert the IMAGESIZE 620 620, and while I get something, it looks
like the resolution is quite large on the downloaded maps, pretty much
making them unusable. Minor issue, and I'm sure it's the nut loose
behind the keyboard.

Problem two is also a lack of understanding on my part. I really like
the display of the Tigermaps, and think this would be really nice in the
car on trips. I've downloaded files from ftp.mapshots.com, but which
ones do I want to use on my laptop to get as close as I can to the
default Tigermaps display? Basicly I have everything checked in the
setup for Tigermaps but streets and state labels.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems