[Xastir] INSTALL HELP! ! !

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 28 19:53:59 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Jacob Tennant wrote:

> OK I got bash running now. HOWEVER whenever I try to give it commands, it
> says command not found?

It sounds like you don't have a PATH set up so that BASH knows where
to find the commands.  I haven't had that happen before.

If you can create a ".profile" file in the c:\cygwin\home\<user>\
directory, please do so and make it look like this:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Perl/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/TCWIN45/BIN:/usr/X11R6/bin:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:.

Change the the "WINNT" portion to whatever the Windows directory is
on your machine.  Then start up a new Cygwin window and type:

    echo $PATH

You should see the new path, and a bunch of the commands should work
for you now.

Send to my home address or the list for further help, 'cuz the
weekend is here.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin