[Xastir] INSTALL HELP! ! !

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at ntelos.net
Fri Mar 28 20:33:06 EST 2003

OK I AM LOST NOW!

> It sounds like you don't have a PATH set up so that BASH knows where
> to find the commands.  I haven't had that happen before.
>
> If you can create a ".profile" file in the c:\cygwin\home\<user>\
> directory, please do so and make it look like this:

Went into the cygwin directory and there is not a "home" directory? Can I
just make one? (Using Widows Explorer to look at things)

> export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Perl/bin:/cygdrive/c/WIN
NT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/TCWIN45/BIN:/usr/X11R6/bin:/lib:/u
sr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib:.

Where do I put this? the ".profile" file?  How do I create a profile file?

> Change the the "WINNT" portion to whatever the Windows directory is
> on your machine.  Then start up a new Cygwin window and type:

Don't understand any of the above???