[Xastir] Fun with festival and VNC

Neil Morris cnmorris at ntlworld.com
Wed May 7 13:44:16 EDT 2003

>Since Festival doesn't run on windows (does it?), it's tough. If it did, you
>could install Festival on the Win98 box, tweak Xastir to connect to the
>specific IP address of the Win98 box instead of Localhost for Festival, make
>sure any firewall ports are open for whatever Festival server uses.

The BeOS is excellent for streaming with the SoundPlay audio player, and will
do so on very modest hardware. Festival is available for BeOS - though I've
never tried connecting to a BeOS box running festival as a server and don't
know if it'll work as such. I may give it a try, time permitting; could be
fun to run Xastir on BeOS via VNC or ssh and have the sounds running on it
via festival...

Neil
G0TVJ
--