[Xastir] HSP cable

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Wed May 7 15:55:26 EDT 2003

BobDonnell at arkalmus.com wrote:
> Hi again Stephen,
>
> Looking at that design, I can think of ways that have a higher
> likelihood of working.  That said, without having to make major changes,
> I'd suggest reducing the value of the resistor that runs between the two
> Pin 3 connections - take it down to say 2200 ohms and see if that works.
> I'm going to query the NWAPRS mailing list and see if I can find out
> more info - this appears to have been done by someone here in the
> northwest, or the file has been renamed - the only place Google found it
> was in the NWAPRS web site.
>
> 73, Bob

>>The plans came from http://www.nwaprs.org/hsp.jtm. I built the DB-25
>>version.

I looked at the document with DOS ARPS, looks like a a bit more complicated
design. Would it work better? I don't mind throughing away what I have, this
is a learning experience after all.

If you can recommend any other designs, let me know, I don't mind
building a bunch of stuff.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems