[Xastir] radar maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 9 17:08:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> Just to refresh everybody, I'm running Xastir under Solaris 8 on Sparc
> hardware.  CVS build 4-29-03

That's kind'a old, isn't it?

> Man things do get complicated around here, don't they?

The GDAL integration will simplify some of this.  Jack has been
talking it up quite a bit, and I've visited the web pages a lot and
read about it.  It'll have native support for several of the common
image formats, so we can then choose to use GDAL for those instead
of ImageMagick if both libraries are installed.  That should
alleviate a good portion of the problems people are having.

Hopefully ImageMagick will clean up their act and we can continue to
have support for the wide variety of image formats that they give
us.  If not, we might have to drop them in the future.
GraphicsMagick is a fork of the ImageMagick project, and there's
hope they'll provide a stable API as well.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin