[Xastir] Serial KISS interface - long delays

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu May 29 00:38:50 EDT 2003

I just got my TNC to a spot where I can see the status lights on it recently
and I have noticed that when I run the TNC on the Xastir Serial KISS mode,
the "Sta" light of my KPC3 stays lit for a good 2-3 seconds for sending a
single packet, even one as short as a message ack.

It makes it essentially a 2-3 second delay in transmitting anything to the
TNC. Is this known? Is it related to the problem (now fixed) where internet
interfaces were getting data sent to them one byte per TCP/IP packet?

TNC is in KISS mode and the serial port is running at 9600 bps.

-Lance
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.