[Xastir] tnc's name

Massimo Corinaldesi mc6041 at mclink.it
Mon Nov 24 13:41:02 EST 2003

Alle 06:57, lunedì 24 novembre 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U ha scritto:
> Those will only be on your system if you're using AX.25 kernel
> networking.  If you're using AGWPE or direct serial port interfaces
> out of Xastir, you won't have them.

Yes, I'm using only serial tncs. But reading kernel configuration info seems
the ax25 are installed by default but as modules. So must be activated.

> If you're switching between them using a hardware port currently,
> there won't be any way for the software to figure out which one
> you're using.  Perhaps you were looking for different interface
> names so that you could flip the switch and then flip the interface,
> so that you had a record in Xastir of which interface you last
> switched to?
>
> I believe there's a feature request already where somebody wanted us
> to add a text field for each interface so that they new what each
> interface was for.  That might solve your problem if we implement
> that feature some day.

Just that feature! Hope next release of Xastir will have that "edit" gizmo
built in. Thanks Curt.

--

--->   Massimo Corinaldesi I0MCF
       http://www.ziomassimo.it