[Xastir] AX.25 questions

Daniel Turner daniett at a.cs.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 24 19:36:47 EST 2003

Hello,
   I have been running an Xastir station for a few weeks now with no
problems. My current setup has the linux machine running Redhat 9.0
headless and accessing the TNC over the network via AGWPE on a win2k
box. Everything is running great. I have been thinking about setting up
AX.25 on the linux machine but have been unable to find any Redhat 9.0
AX.25 specific info. I did see a post to another list that stated 9.0
was ready for AX.25 out of box, but in the next sentence it said RedHat
had messed up AX.25...which is it? Also, is there a way to run AX.25
with the TNC directly connected to the linux machine and still have
access over the (ethernet) network from the win2k machine to the TNC?
Some times I like to run regular packet and would like to be able to
switch between APRS and Packet (until I get another TNC anyway).
Thanks!
-Daniel
KD5UZZ
www.w5yj.org