[Xastir] USGS DRG files no longer free..

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Oct 6 13:05:09 EDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Tyler Allison wrote:

> It just torks me that several months ago it was free and now I have to pay
> $75 a pop)

I don't like it when free map sources dry up either.  FWIW:  I have
all of the CD's for WA, several for OR, and one or two for ID/MT.  I
could be persuaded to put them up on a server somewhere.  That'd
take care of perhaps 1.5 states worth or so.  It'd take a while to
get them there though, as it's a lot of CD's.  It'd be best for
someone with access to the CD's to put them directly onto the
server.

This might be a good application for one of those distributed
internet applications that can pull files from whoever has them.
You know, the ones that people use for sharing MP3's and software.
This could be a _good_ use for those sorts of apps.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin