[Xastir] More attempts to compile...

Byron Smith wa6ylb at theworks.com
Tue Oct 14 02:21:49 EDT 2003

>  util.o view_message_gui.o wx.o wx_gui.o xa_config.o snprintf.o  -lXm
> -lXt -lX11 -lMagick -llcms -lfreetype -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lbz2 -lz
> -lpthread -lm -lintl -lrt -lXm -lXt -lXp -lXext -lm -lSM -lICE -lX11
>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbz2
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[2]: *** [xastir] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/xastir/xastir-1.2.0/src'
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/xastir/xastir-1.2.0'
>make: *** [all] Error 2
>

>TROUBLE: I can't find lbz package on Mandrake, or on rpmfind.net
>What is that?

This is the issue I have been talking about all along. Xastir complains
about not having a certain function. How is a guy suppose to know
where -lbz2 is part of which package?

This is why a decoder list is needed.
A typical list might be:

Libs/Headers  Xastir needs:

Function     usually comes in:

XYZ           ABC (SuSE), DEF (RH9) , EFG (mandrake)
123           packagename etc, etc etc

When guys find that a different name package
has XYZ or 123 in it, they can mention it , and it
can be added to the list.

At least we'd have a fighting chance to find these things.

Byron Smith
wa6ylb at theworks.com

http://www.theworks.com/~wa6ylb

What was the best thing before sliced bread?