[Xastir] More attempts to compile...(RH9)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Oct 17 12:23:11 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Henk de Groot wrote:

> At 09:51 14-10-03 -0700, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> >Our fighting chance would be to dump ImageMagick once and for all,
> >in favor of GDAL and perhaps additionally GraphicsMagick, for those
> >image formats that GDAL doesn't support.  Most users would have
> >everything they need just be installing GDAL.
>
> Hopefully it will also be faster...

Oh yea, GraphicsMagick is just a fork of the ImageMagick code, but
they try for a more stable API.  That option won't be any faster
than the current ImageMagick option.

Were you the one that put the bug report in about the xpm.gz files?
I tried that on my system and it worked.  ImageMagick and XPM
support are both compiled in.  SuSE 7.3.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin